Monday, February 18, 2013

Jillian Hayes Wagner~Melanoma Warrior

 I was so blessed to be part of this emotional day.  I am friend's with Susan, Jillian's mom, (a.k.a Mama Bear)and we also live about 3 hours apart.  Jillian had melanoma, and she fought a long, hard battle.  Through it all, she tried to remain Jillian.  Not the girl with melanoma.  She lived life to the absolute fullest she could, and she battled each new obstacle with grace and determination.  I never got to meet Jillian, but I feel like, through Susan, I did know her.  I also have melanoma, so awareness of melanoma is near and dear to me.  This billboard is just so awesome.  That young, beautiful girl is smiling and shining her light down all over Michigan, and she is spreading awareness.  Her message is, "It's not "JUST" skin cancer...It IS Cancer."  She is putting a face to this horrible cancer.  A cancer without a cure.  I know she is changing the world and is smiling along with all the other melanoma warriors in Heaven.  Thank you Jillian and Susan for sharing your story and your strength.  One day, we will win this battle against melanoma.  The black beast will go down! 




Standing and getting LOUD!

There is nothing stronger than a mother's love for her child.
Andrea,Jolaina,Susan and I

No comments:

Post a Comment