Friday, February 26, 2016

Last Home Game Girls' Varsity Basketball | Kearsley High School | Flint Michigan

I travel often to the Flint area, and used to live there.  Flint, Michigan has been in the headlines for some awful things.  The crime is high, the area is becoming more and more vacant, with abandoned auto plants, homes and businesses.  Everyone know about the water crisis.  You would think I would be embarrassed to be from such a miserable city, but I am not.  I am proud.  

I am proud of the people of Flint, that have not given up on the city that once was a thriving, fun place to hang out in.  They stay and they are trying to build the city back up with hard work and devotion.  We had Chevy, Buick and GM plants.  We had lots of awesome restaurants, shopping malls, and so much more.  It is not like that now.  I hope that it will be again and I know that if any city has a chance to rebuild from something awful, it is Flint.

Having said that, I absolutely love photographing the Seniors in Flint, and one of my favorite schools is Kearsley High School!  I just had to be at the girls last home game for varsity basketball to support my girls!  

It was great seeing them all, and especially doing something they are not only very good at, but love. It was also awesome to also be a part of this transition in their lives.

Diane, who is my current spokesmodel, is such a leader on the court.  She wears #1 proudly on the back of her jersey and she may be little, but she is fierce!  I have never seen so much energy rolled up in one person before!  She ran around that court and never seemed tired!  She is truly dedicated to basketball and her team.

Brandi joined my spokesmodel program this year and will be graduating in 2017.  She proudly wears #11 on her jersey. She is so adorable and full of energy and so fun to watch!  She was so into what was going on on the court, and she was always there waiting for the ball to be passed to her, blocking the other team and being supportive of her teammates. She and Diane seemed to have their own language on the court and it was evident that Diane looked to Brandi to assist in completing plays, and she did a great job at it!

I was also surprised to see Reyana, who I absolutely adore and photographed as well.  She is a beautiful dancer on the Varsity dance team.  Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk to her that night, but it was great to see her!

It was sad to see the game end.  I know these girls have a great life ahead of them full of hopes and dreams, that will take them on new adventures!  I wish them all the very best!
 
























No comments:

Post a Comment