Saturday, April 27, 2013

2 Year's Cancer Free!

2 years ago, I was having surgery to remove melanoma from my leg along with some lymph nodes to see if the cancer had spread.

Today is my 2 year cancerversary!  This morning I took engagement photos for my friend, who is getting married this year and brought home a rescue kitten to join our family. And tonight, I am going to edit some photos, and spend some time with my family, who have been so supportive through out the last 2 years.  Without them, I would not have pursued my passion in photography, and I would not be running a successful photography business!

Quite a difference a couple of years make! I count the years since my diagnosis and each one has special meaning as I continue to be melanoma free.  I haven't forgotten how easily it could have been worse.  I am truly living my life to the fullest!

I have had many friends pass away from melanoma, and I have many of their families tell me that they wish they would have gotten portraits with them instead of always saying, "I need to lose some weight first."

Take it from me, just get the pictures done.  Now.  The moments pass by so quickly.  We aren't given a "do-over".  Once the moment has passed, it is gone forever.

In honor of  my 2 year mark, and for all of my friends who bravely fought melanoma, I would like to offer a discounted package for new clients only.  The session includes a full 1 hour of shooting with your family, (up to 5 people, more is extra), at an outdoor location of your choice (Southeast MI area), (2 locations is extra)for only $70.  This will include a CD of high resolution photos (15-30portraits) with full print release.  Prints are extra.

This is my gift to those of you that are waiting until you lose the weight, or whatever the reason may be.  Don't lose the moment.  Your children grow up and things change.  I am finding this out as my own children are growing.  My daughter (my youngest!) turned 18 last week and she is graduating high school in 4 weeks. (!)  Time doesn't wait for us to change.

I also have gift certificates available for gift giving! 

Please contact me at melissa@photographybymelissac.com or call or text me at 810-449-6964 to schedule your session today!

Blessings,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment