Saturday, March 29, 2014

Most Asked Questions

I have put together a list of the most asked questions to hopefully help answer some of the questions you might have when thinking about booking your session.  More detailed information can be found on my website, or you can always ask me!

Q: How do I book a session with you?

 A: It is easy!  You can contact me through my website, by email, text or phone. We will then set up a consultation to discuss your session wishes either in person, or by email, text or phone.  


Q: How many photographs will you take?

 A: I have no set amount of photos that I will take.  I usually do a timed session.  Each session is different and may run over or under that time.  One hour sessions are typically for family,child,engagements, maternity and cake smash sessions.  Newborns are typically 2+ hours. I never try to rush a baby or child.  THEY ARE THE BOSS!  I will reschedule if they are not up for their session that day if necessary. It is however, rare that we have to do that.


Q: When will I get to see my portraits?

 A: Within 2 weeks, you will be given a password to a private viewing gallery.  You will be able to view the edited portraits from your session.  You may then choose which portraits you would like to order.  You may not see EVERY photo that is snapped.  This is to show the best of my work, and to avoid the same shot repeated, or closed eyes, etc.  I do not believe in choosing which photos you would want printed.  I therefore, do show almost every photo taken. Then the choice is yours!


Q: How much are your sessions?

 A: Detailed session info is available on my website.
     Regular portrait sessions are $125.
     High School Senior sessions are $200,
     and Newborn sessions are $250.
Session fees cover my travel, talent, editing, and online gallery hosting.
Portrait prints are an additional charge.


Q: What is included in your portrait sessions?

 A: Included is my travel, time and talent, session consultation prior to your session, props for your custom session, editing, online viewing gallery, in home ordering session, boutique packaging, and portrait delivery.


Q: How much are prints?

 A: I have a detailed price list that is available on request.  I offer a variety of print products and will go over my suggestions of size and portrait medium that best suits the photo you would like printed at your ordering session to ensure the best final product!


Q: Can I order more prints later?

 A: Yes!  I will have your online gallery up for 30 days.  There is a $35 fee to re-open the gallery after it has expired. I will re-open the gallery up to one year after you have had your session.  After that time there will be an additional charge to move your photos from storage into a gallery.

Q: What payment methods do you take?

A: I accept cash, check, credit and debit card by Paypal only.


Q: What if I have to cancel my session after I have booked and paid my deposit?

A: I require a non-refundable deposit to book your session. I will reschedule your session due to illness, emergency or other situation, as needed. Cancellations of the session will not be refunded the deposit.  If I have to reschedule do to an emergency, I will do my best to accommodate you and will refund deposits if we can not reschedule the session.

Q: Do you offer digital images so I can have them printed myself?

A: No.  I have many reasons for this.  First of all, I have printed portraits at a local pharmacy in a hurry and I was disgusted by the quality, color and cropping.  I have examples of this, but trust me.  This is NOT the way to go.  I offer beautiful, high quality, professional prints.  My prints will match my final image exactly.  I will include a low resolution, watermarked cd of your session with a print purchase only. This cd is for online use, or as a momento of your session and is not for printing.

I hope this helps answer some of the questions you may have about your session with me!  I look forward to being your photographer and capturing your special moments!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment